Wednesday, August 20, 2008

YAMAHA CONCEPT VEHICLE


I saw on someones blog today. I was so amazed by it LOL. I thought that this was really neat. Copy this link of the video that I found on it.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1735797252/bctid1729330625
Take a good look @ it...Man, I wish I could take a ride in one of these LOL.
Yamaha Deus Ex Machina Concept Motorcycle designed by Art Center Pasadena student Jake Loniak. This concept bike likes a stand robot. The vehicle is powered by ultra-capacitors and doped nano-phoshpate batteries (similar to the ones currently used in hybrid cars) and it is controlled using 36 pneumatic muscles with two linear actuators set along a spine consisting of 7 artificial vertebrae. “It’s like riding two skateboards at once, but stable, because the machine supports the rider’s body… This isn’t fantasy, it’s a green vehicle, and all of the numbers are based in the real world.”